You know we have been having some family drama the last little bit. I started about 3 blog entries and couldn't bring myself to post them. I was venting and saying all the horrible, mean ugly things that I wanted to say. I was so tired of holding it all in, but in the end I just saved them and cooled down for a few days. Now I see how wise that choice was. I don't want to be cruel. I don't want to be hurtful. I also DO NOT want to allow others to treat me and those I love in truly unbelievably awful ways.
So I am choosing to fight to find the middle ground. I will stand and fight when that is what I must do. But I will not go looking for ways to be mean. That is not who I am. And I am grateful that I am not that person.
It's not always easy to be family. But the way I react is My choice. I am choosing to continue to be true to who I am. I choose to love and support my family that love and support me and ignore the rest as long as they can play nice.
You hear alot about the fight or flight instinct. I used to be the one who took flight. I didn't ever want to make something bigger then it needs to be. However, after nearly 13 years of marriage, 2 kids and living the Army life with a man who is always ready to stand and fight when that is required, I have learned that I do not have to run! There are things worth Fighting for and I am strong enough to do just that, when the time comes.
I am grateful for the family I was born into. I have 3 older sisters that I love and admire. They are amazing women, and I am so glad that I have had the chance to watch them, learn from them and be loved by them. I have a younger brother who is an amazing example of what it means to love and support your family. And I have a younger sister who has found herself, and become an incredible woman, wife and mother. She has talents and love that I find unbelievable!
We are all our own people but were raised by the same strong, loving parents who were my first example of who to be family. I Love my Mom and Dad! I am thankful continually that I am their daughter.







No comments:
Post a Comment