Okay if you keep reading you can't say I didn't warn you. This is a poor me post. Let me start with there really isn't anything wrong with Washington. Yes it's full of tree hugging bad drivers. But it's like anywhere else. There are good people here and there is plenty to do here.
But today I am missing home and family and friends and warm weather and the beach and DISNEY LAND and Texas and sunshine that warms you through and home and a view that takes your breath away and people that I love and home. I'm missing being close enough to go visit family for the weekend. I miss being close enough that they could just hop on the train and come see us. I miss my sassy niece coming and spending every minute we could at Disney Land. I miss going to Disney Land with my kids for the day when Kay was out of school. I miss having friends to just drop by because they knew me well enough to know that I didn't need warning I just wanted to not be alone. I miss friends calling and saying I'm going out I'll be there in 15 minutes to get you so be ready. I miss neighbors who I could pop in and say hey can I borrow some tin foil, or sugar or a movie. I miss neighbors who would knock and ask if I could keep an eye on their sleeping baby for a minute while they ran to the store. Or with some warm cookies in hand to say that they were thinking of us. I miss having a friend around to say hey I don't want to do dinner alone want to come over and they would and we could make dinner and and let the kids play and visit and not have to be alone.
I'm not looking forward to Mike going again. I know we will be fine we are always fine. Things always work. But him leaving this time seems harder today because I don't have my Gina or my Jolie or my Karrie or my Amber or my Casi or my family here. I just feel so far way. And just so alone. I know that this will pass it always does but today right now I want to pack up this summer before Mike leaves and go some where I don't even know where I would go. LA? Arizona? Texas? But Mikes wants us to stay here so stay we shall. And I don't really want to move the kids again. I just have to be patient until this feeling passes which I'm sure will be soon.
So to all that I love Thank you for being a part of my life and for being there for me when I need you. I miss you dearly I love you always and I thank God for you always.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Ok Girlie!
When does Mike leave? You know, you can call me anytime... send me an email with your number, cuz I tried to call you the other day,but I had an old number.
We will DEFINITELY have to try and find a way to hang out this summer!! I so wish you were closer! BUT, let me know if you need anything! I miss you! HUGS!
Is Mike deploying?
I empathize with those feeling all too well, and wish there was something I could do to make it all better! =)
this is just the "poor me" time of year for all of us. When you get busy with the Relief Society you will find lots of people and places to fill up your alone times. And you have Robyn soo close, how could you be lonely???
Of course I remember you! I remember when you lived on Gilmore in Winslow and how your dad and my dad used to go fishing...Then when you moved to Flag!
It is so nice to read about your family and your cute little ones! So you're Army, huh? We just got out of the Air Force about a year ago. We loved it, but decided it was time...Just moved to Idaho from Colorado about 6 months ago (about 20 min from Natalie)and Trace (the hubby) is trying to get hired on as a teacher this coming fall.
Where are you guys stationed at now? An another deployment? Oh man, I am sorry, I feel your pain. We've been there and done that too. I am so glad you found me!
Post a Comment